Monday, December 8, 2008

More portal trouble at HISD

Frankly, I'm embarrassed. Houston ISD does many things right, but their web technology developers seem to be unable to create an online application which works for everyone. I wonder if it's because they exclusively use Microsoft tools for development and deployment?

We received a flyer in the mail recently which describes the Houston ASPIRE effort, and points parents to their web link. Your mileage may vary; in fact, it's probably likely to work for you if you use MS Internet Explorer, or are on an MS Windows system. I have access to neither, so I can't verify that setup. It sure doesn't work for me in my Firefox-based browser on my Linux system.

Never mind of course that the whole implementation of ASPIRE has its own set of weaknesses. I'll address that idea in a later post. I'm just frustrated that HISD only seems to be making a half-hearted effort to engage parents and the public online.

0 comments:

Post a Comment